Scaling .NET Apps in Microsoft Azure
By Iqbal M. Khan
President & Technology Evangelist
Learn what are the scalability bottlenecks for your .NET apps in Microsoft Azure and how can you improve their scalability with distributed caching. This tech talk covers:
- What is scalability?
- How linear scalability differs from non-linear scalability
- Which applications require scalability?
- Quick overview of scalability bottlenecks in .NET applications
- What is distributed caching and why is it the answer in Azure?
- Where in your application can you use distributed caching?
- What are some important features in a distributed cache?
- Distributed cache architecture
- Distributed Cache Options in Azure
- Azure Redis Cache
- Azure Cache Service
- Azure In-Role Cache
- Memcached Wrapper
- NCache Open Source
- Managed Memcached
- Azure Deployment Strategies
- Some hands on examples of using a distributed cache in Azure
- 3 common distributed cache use cases
- Application Data Caching
- ASP.NET Specific Data Caching
- Runtime Data Sharing thru Events
What to Do Next?